I am finally on summer vacay (as of last Wednesday) so I am "recharging" Teacher Bloggy-style.....
With a Link-Up!!
Okay so I know that it "technically" is no longer the weekend....
But its Monday in the summer for a teacher = WEEKEND-ish.
Anyways, this is my first time linking up with this particular linky but I couldn't resist!
But first, the rules:
Okay here goes nothin'.....
1. So my teaching journey has been pretty interesting.
That's why I cannot believe I am approaching my fifth year. It doesn't feel like it.
Why you ask?
Because I have switched grade levels like some sort of weird binary code.
Which is fine but it also went:
ALL SUBJECTS GENERAL - MATH/CIVICS/READING SPED INCLUSION- MATH SPED - MATH SPED - ALL SUBJECTS SPED.
Well I assume this year is all subjects. I found out in a random late night email the last day of school that I was going to a new grade level. Like "Your new assignment is 2nd, have a nice summer."
I am excited because I have ALWAYS wanted to teach 2nd. But I am nervous because I have not taught reading to the little ones. And this year was suppose to be my "I been in a grade level 3 years" victory lap. Oh well. I want to be a Reading Specialist so this will help since I have spent the last 2 yrs in Math.
2. Call it too many days watching Reality TV.... or blame it on my roots in Interpersonal Communication and Psychology, but I love a challenge. Thus, my heart goes out to so called "behavior kids." You all have ran across one, so no need to explain what they are.
But, I feel like whatever way you describe them, they are misunderstood. And most have learned behaviors...and they learned it from somewhere and for some reason. And I feel that as teachers we should try to understand why the behavior exists so that we can develop a way to help them replace it with a new behavior.
And in a perfect world I am always successful.
3. Okay so, yeah. I may get a little carried away when I really "get into" a lesson. And I like to include real-world dialogue and impression...and behavior narration. And sometimes I throw myself into it to get my kiddos engaged when they are looking "lack luster", or they may be nervous to ask for clarification. Like, " Fractions? What does that mean Ms. Tidwell?"
Or sometimes lamer things.
1. Okay so instead of talking you to death about this one, just take a lookie:
2. Who DOESN'T like Pitch Perfect??? Okay, do not answer that, because I heard that some people exist that do not like when people randomly break into song.
Somewhere out there.
But anyway, Pitch Perfect(s) is hilarious. Especially Fat
And I will not fully confirm that I learned like 90% of the numbers and lines from the first movie and plan to do the same for the sequel when it hits stores.
This is one of my NUMBER ONE goals. I am trying to get better in the financial department so that I can actually reap in the rewards of being a teacher in summer. And spend the summer creating stuff for fun and on TpT without feeling like I never sleep.
Sorry if it felt as if my post would NEVER end!
I am just getting back into the swing of things so, bare with me!!
Lastly, If you are interested in linking up there is still time!! I will link back the blog I found it on here! Also, make sure to check out some of the other bloggers posts.