The Teacher "Time-Out"

Have you ever had a day where you felt like things were in constant motion? Well, my day was like that and I yearned for a ::pause:: that never showed up. Instead I got field trips follow-ups, project excuses, Mixed Numbers, lost keys, 14 DEGREE WEATHER....oh and last minute PAPERWORK!!! Special Educators out there know what I mean when I say that last one....especially those of us not in the inclusion setting. I was slightly overwhelmed, but not in an "ohmigosh" way because I got A LOT accomplished....but I most definitely was running on air.

At the last bus "all call" I was literally packed and ready to go. I sat and looked around my classroom that I {heart} SOO MUCH like "What Happened To The WHOLE Day?". Then, I did something for myself that I should have done in the first place: I sat down, closed my eyes, and took a deep breath.


I just wanted to share that because I know that I am not the only one who has moments like these. Not to sound like a walking cliche' but, Teaching is intense. And if you let it, it will consume your every moment. But, I have found, if nothing but for your own piece of mind, you need to find a balance. Even if it's what I did- A Teacher Time out. Providing yourself with these moments will keep you refreshed. 

I love what I do....but today I really needed to just 

STOP & BREATHE.

With that said, I am pumped and ready to conquer(and rock out) tomorrow!



No comments :

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments from fellow bloggers!! Please leave me feedback so I am able to continue to grow as a blogger. In addition, I "mustache" that you include a link to your blog so I may visit and learn from you.

Thanks for stopping by!