A Teacher's Summer: Creating Crate Seats


Finding out I am teaching a new grade level has me pumped! 

SO pumped that my "teacher brain" will not turn off.

Ever.

SO yesterday, I decided to put it to GOOD use:


I am so excited!!
so excited I put "seat crates" and not "crate seats" on my pic (above).

SO EXCITED, that I stared at it because I new it was wrong...
but was too excited to edit it and re-upload. My error is candid.

I have wanted to make these forever, but  I was always under a pile of a million district assessments and #teachtothetest responsibilities never got around to it.

Until now.

I know that PINTREST is flooded with how-to's about how these are made.

So I will not beat a dead horse.

Sidenote: I always cringe at the visual I get from that.

UGH.

Anyways, here are the things I used:

I got everything from Staples, Lowe's and Wal-Mart.  
The most frustrating part was finding the fabric. I have only been in this area for two years, and everything is pretty accessible....but the noticeable difference is no one seems to sew in the city. 
So fabric stores are few and far between...

So stuborn me would rather to go home and eat than use more gas refused to drive another mile!

I just used a throw blanket I found at Wal-Mart. 

>>>>>> Which feels fantastic!

I cannot wait to update you all when I get these cuties into my classroom!

If you have any questions, please leave them below.

Also link your blog in the comments if you have made these for your class. 

Or if you do not mind if I stalk your blog.

With my best Mickey Mouse {Clubhouse} voice:

Thanks for stopping by :-)


1 comment :

I {heart} comments from fellow bloggers!! Please leave me feedback so I am able to continue to grow as a blogger. In addition, I "mustache" that you include a link to your blog so I may visit and learn from you.

Thanks for stopping by!