There is always time to give back :-)


So I have not been blogging this week.

I can explain. 

With roughly 20 School Days until the kiddos are 
gone there has been so much to do.

I feel like there is still SO many things I want to
 teach them, but the days that are left *cough* 
20 days... are not all mine to do so.

Ahhh....

I have been trying not to think about it.

And why I have not been thinking about it, I have been 
keeping busy with a school outreach project.

Last year before I arrived, a tragedy hit my school.

It happened at the end of last school year.

A family of five became two because of a house fire.

And a poor little second grader loss her twin, her 
daddy and another sibling.

SO my school is dedicating our courtyard in honor of
her family, and the families in our school community.

And guess who is in charge of the Reflection Garden Committee?

THIS GIRL!

Today we started the hardest part.

Weed Removal. Ughhhh!

Let me just say my favorite color is green.

My name means "green precious stone."

But my thumbs.....NOT GREEN AT ALL.

I am exhausted with End-of-Year-itis, but I 
gladly take on the task. 

And I wasn't the only one!




This little kinder kiddo was super cute
...and super busy!!
FYI: No child laws were broken.
His mama was out there!





BONUS: Some of our removal was postponed 
due to this discovery:


We have contacted the Humane Society, so these babies
 and their mama can have a chance at a new (and safe) home.





I am thankful for the village of students, custodial 
staff, parents, teachers and paraprofessionals that are 
all taking part in the clean up.

It really takes a village!




2 comments :

  1. I have a black thumb, so I know how you feel! That kinder boy was the cutest thing! And that birds nest....oh my goodness. So glad you saved them and found them a new "home"!
    Angela
    Southern Fried Teachin’

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a green thumb either and my whole family is in agriculture...go figure. The Kinder kid.....CUTIE....I want to squeeze him and tell him that he is precious for helping!!! Go find him for me and tell him...PLEASE!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

I {heart} comments from fellow bloggers!! Please leave me feedback so I am able to continue to grow as a blogger. In addition, I "mustache" that you include a link to your blog so I may visit and learn from you.

Thanks for stopping by!