Mathematical Monday Linky: Math Power Towers

Hey! I just wanted to hop online and link up with Jess from I Heart Recess during her Mathematical Monday linky.



I was doing my usual blog stal-browsing, and I stumbled across a blogger neared Teacher Tipster. He had a link to a YouTube video for his creation, Power Towers. 

Check out his video here.

My students have been COMPLETELY into cupstacking during Adaptive P.E with Mrs. B. They come back to me with mouths running a mile a minute. So, I thought, why not take what they love and incorporate math.

I am sneaky.

The next thing I needed to do was actually make the game.

Yay!!! 

I started with the following materials:




2 cans of Pringles, Avery Labels ( two sizes),small Solo cups,  and patterned duck tape ( with mustache's of course!)...oh and a sharpie (not pictured).




To keep this short and sweet I included a photo montage of the steps. First, I wrapped the cans up. Then, I created a label for multiplication and addition cans put in on and put clear tape on top. Last I wrote number sentences on smaller labels I cut up and taped them to the solo cups.


VOILA!!!





I can't wait until my kiddos see these! I will update you guys on how these work out in my Partner Math Center by my Friday post. 

If you are interested in a copy of my label design, leave me a comment with your email and I will send one over. I am going to try and make it a freebie in mt TpT store a little later...... when I have more time. 

Check back for it.


Okay, so I know you have some cool math things to share. So hop on over to I Heart Recess and "get up on" her Mathematical Monday linky!


No comments :

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments from fellow bloggers!! Please leave me feedback so I am able to continue to grow as a blogger. In addition, I "mustache" that you include a link to your blog so I may visit and learn from you.

Thanks for stopping by!