Throwback Thursday: Monday Must-Read!

I looked up and realized it was THURSDAY the 20th already! February is zooming by......

Zrooooommmmmmmm!!!!!!

Anyway..... 

I was doing my usual blogstalkbrowse, and came across the cutest. wittle. linky. EVER.


Must-Read Monday Linky


It is hosted by Amanda over at Teaching Maddeness.

I am not a reading teaching but if you have been around to get to know me a little, you'd know I am an avid teacher. And technically ALL teachers are Reading Teachers.

Ever heard that lil' nugget?

Cause we ALL teach Reading. ( Think about those Word Problems Mathies!)


So, OF COURSE I decided to link up.


I had to.



So on with my "MUST' read.....






I have chosen, " If Only I Had A Green Nose" by Max Lucado. It is an excellent little read with a wonderful message for your kiddos. 

The message is even transferable to adults. 

When I looked it up it was listed as Christian literature, but I was not sure about that. I did agree it was completely inspirational.

Whaa?

I had a brain fart moment because CLEARLY, God is INSPIRATION. 

Among other WONDERFUL things.

*stops to praise*

The book itself tells a story about a little wooden boy, whom is faced with being himself or conforming to what other people believe "should be". He realizes after many mistakes that he was who he should be all along. It teaches us to reflect and remember that God loves each and every one of us. It teaches us to be who we were created to be. 






It is definitely a "Diamond in the Rough". I have never heard of this author and I am a BIG Children's book nerd. 

I know right, where have I been?

What I love most is it just showed up in my classroom library one day.

:-)

Luckily, it does not outwardly say anything that could be deemed as "imposing religion" in the classroom, which I know is a BIG thing these days. 

This book would be a GREAT read aloud for March. My kiddos will be state testing that month and I after that hubalooo plan to read it and incorporate it in a Social Skills lesson. 

I know my kiddos are gonna love it.


*abrupt subject change*

Okay, all you book lovers, head on over to  Teaching Maddeness and "get up on" her linky. There is still time. Even though it say Monday, you have all week.


I'm Exhibit A.

But if you miss it, get prepared for next week!


Alright, my kiddos will be walking in soon so I have to head out!

Enjoy your Thursday Readers!!!


And remember.....







4 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. This is my 6th or 7th time to try commenting. My internet is being really wonky today. I'm in Korea, and the internet here at my apartment can be cray-cray. Let's hope and pray that it works this time!

    I found your blog through the Five for Friday linky party, and I love it! Love your blog title and the simple black and white design of your blog.
    The Bible verse Psalm 139:14 is one of my favorites, and I say it to myself often. I've never heard of that book but will have to check it out when I get back to the states. Have you ever read The Tale of Three Trees? It's a must read.
    I'm so glad I found you! You'll have to come back to my blog and link up with me! I have a "I am grateful for..." link up right now....and no one has linked up yet, so you could be the first! Woo-hoo!

    Angela
    Southern Fried Teachin’

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela,

    Hello!!! Wow Korea? Exciting!!

    I have not heard of that book...funny thing is I am in Barnes & Noble as I type and will have to browse around for it.

    Thank you for your kind words. I tried to design a template that I could stand for a while, because getting a designer was to pricey right now!! I have been getting a lot of compliments about it which feels awesome.

    I have not been over there yet but, I will check out your linky. It sounds pretty cool. Maybe I will be the first link up! Woop! Woop!

    I am ALSO glad you found me. Please Follow!!


    Emerald

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time here, and I LOVE your blog design!

    I'm having my first link-up.. the theme is "teacher outfits". Stop by if you get a chance!

    April

    http://performinginfifth.blogspot.com/2014/02/teacher-outfits-linkup.html

    ReplyDelete

I {heart} comments from fellow bloggers!! Please leave me feedback so I am able to continue to grow as a blogger. In addition, I "mustache" that you include a link to your blog so I may visit and learn from you.

Thanks for stopping by!